Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Solar Powered

7 weeks into the training plan and I'm feeling it.  I'm sore, tired, and tired of being tired.  8 miles on the schedule and I was dreading it. 

After getting out there, I found an old friend and felt great the entire run. 

That old friend was the sun.  Most of my runs are either early morning or evenings so I might see a sunset or sunrise but rarely get a good dose of sun.  On the weekend, I often get out in daylight hours but it has been cloudy recently.  It's better than night running but not the same. 

Something about a good dose of sun always gives me an added energy boost.  I know and respect the risks of too much sun and the importance of sun tan lotion and keeping covered but I always feel better when the sun gives me a good blast of energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment